This week on NAP we get deep into deep sci-fi! After seeing Interstellar, we talk about mainstream science fiction films from the past decade, and whether this movie marks a change of direction in the industry toward more “intellectual” sci-fi. Of course, we all love a good action-based sci-fi, but sometimes we crave less “Transformers” and more “2001.” So have a listen, and let us know what you think about the future of this most nerdy of genres!
- Interstellar: It’s tense and visually stunning, but most importantly, it will make you think!
- Moon: The members of NAP would like to sincerely apologize for leaving this one out of the podcast this week. We don’t know what came over us! But seriously, Sam Rockwell’s acting will blow you away, as will the twists in this thought-provoking story.
- Gravity: A bit on the action side of things, but definitely has a lot to say about the tenacity and bravery of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming odds.
- Snowpiercer: Quirky, tense, and beautifully directed, this actiony sci-fi will stick in your mind for weeks.
- Europa Report: This one’s a bit on the horror side, and a fantastic indie film.
- Edge of Tomorrow: Tom Cruise, sprinting through a battlefield.